Posts by Gappers

Saturday 16 April 2011

BACK TO BASICS.

In the beginning all was perfect. God’s creation in harmony. His children created. 

Free. Free to worship. Free to be.
Free to sin.
God’s children, His creation leave.
Tempted.
Evil enters. Suffering begins
Billions upon billions run. Looking, searching. Nothing fits, nothing works, nothing satisfies.
God is a just God. He’s angry. His own creation, lost. We were too weak for that freedom.
God doesn’t give up.
He loves far too much for that . He’s got a plan.
The cross. Jesus His only son. He can pay the price.

Burdened with our sin, our crap, our mess amongst His perfection. 

He takes it.

Pays the price we should pay. God’s justice. Unlike any justice I’ve ever seen. Beautiful.
What’s it mean? It means I’m free once more. No longer can sin hold me down. He took that.
Relationship restored.
My salvation secure.
My hope in Him.
God’s anger – satisfied.
My response is what I was created for – the only rational thing – worship.
My salvation isn’t easy. I’m saved by grace through faith. My God’s a brilliantly gentle God. I can leave. At any moment I can deny that sacrifice, deny that hope, deny the very thing I was made for. 

I’m free
He’s got a plan. A good plan for me. I’m free to follow that, I’m free to leave.
I’ll struggle. The world’s messy.
But when I see the cross I know I want God’s plan, my new life. Life in the truest meaning.
And one day I’ll stand before Him, my creator. A sinner. A mess. Not nearly half of what I was made to be.
But, I won’t be alone - Jesus stood at my side.
The verdict? Saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment